Friday, August 24, 2007

Week 9: Podcasts, Video & Downloadable Audio Thing 20:Youtube

I have been visiting the resources of Youtube occasionally. I haven't used it in my teaching to date. The attached is a Youtube video from a group of high school students that perform a library commercial as a rap, The Library Rap. Engaging talented students in a National Library Week contest for celebrating your library might encourage positive library promotion.I spent way too...much time observing the contents especially the favorites uploaded or viewed from this site. I prefer the videos that I found on teachertube as more applicable to my needs. Although, I feel it's important to understand the popular culture that's reached through this format. I could edit clips to use as part of library orientation or booktalks which might be engaging to the high school audience.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

You are on the "home stretch." One week to go before the finish of summer 2.0 fun.

Enjoy!
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team Project Manager