Monday, August 27, 2007

Week 9: Video & Downloadable Audio Thing 23: Reflections

I'm grateful to the CSLA Team for your promoting this amazing opportunity and supportive comments along the journey!

  • What were your favorite discoveries or exercises? I especially enjoyed week 5 and playing with the image generators. I'm already adding new images to my brochures and promotional plans for the first two months of the new school year. In addition, the information on wikis and their possible collaborative connections was enriching. I will plan to use this format for the professional development that I'm planning to start the year with teachers.
  • How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? This program has assisted me in learning the latest technologies more completely so that I might not only increase my own skills but share my excitement and applications with my co-workers.
  • Some of these Web 2.0 tools were familiar but this opportunity enabled me to learn about each in greater depth. I plan to use the wiki format for my research pathfinders. I'm also considering the features as advantageous versus using Dreamweaver software the challenges of updates with a webmaster.
  • The use of del.icio.us tagging tool offers flexibility when I frequently utilize multiple computers for my work. I can now login and access my resources more efficiently. The online image generators are going to update my presentations, brochures and other promotional publications throughout the school year.
  • I already downloaded software for a podcast to advertise new materials, banned book week, and plan to have students create one for a book club. My LibraryThing account is just an initial surface exploration. Maybe a reading blog will have many selections with the features engaging readers to seek additional titles to read and share.
  • Any take-aways or unexpected outcomes that surprised you? I hadn't expected to view the possibility of using a wiki for my library web page through learning about the various features which are easily updated and have a positive possibility for collaboration, versus the software dynamics of Dreamweaver and a webmaster timeline for updates.
  • What could we do differently to improve upon the format or concept? I found sharing of other participants blogs interesting and making comments desirable. Although, I felt I needed to limit my actions due to my late start following my vacation.
  • If we offered another...would you participate? Absolutely.
  • Describe your experience in one word or one sentence. Enriching!

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Congratulations! You have successfully completed School Library Learning 2.0 and now you are an official member of the CSLA 2.0 Team. Your blog has been moved to the "Congratulations - 2.0 Team" list.

Thanks for sharing your discoveries with us and your CSLA friends. Hope you will invite your colleagues to take the course over the school year -- you can keep learning and discovering through cheering them along.

Best wishes.
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

Liz Dodds said...

Congratulations on finishing!