Monday, August 27, 2007

Week 9: Podcasts Thing 21: eBooks and Audio eBooks

I have a small collection of audio books in cassette and CD format in my library collection. I need to increase promotion of these for reluctant readers and students needing another format. I have students who like these formats to listen to on upcoming vacation travel periods. I was familiar with the Gutenberg Project and knew students who would continue their reading online during lunch time visits. In looking at some ebook sites I question who can enjoy the online read with a screen cluttered with ads and various box shapes outlining text inconsistently from page to page.

I have considered ordering some online ebook research materials that are frequently utilized in the library in print formats. The collection plan will address these curricular areas and resources needed in multiple formats to meet the needs of all learners.

LibriVox audio versions of free books provides information that is important to my stakeholders. The site makes it clear that these are part of the public domain in the US.

No comments: