Friday, October 26, 2007

21st Century Learning Symposium

I had the opportunity to attend the CTAP 11 Symposium in Pasadena last Friday which featured Alan November as the keynote speaker. What followed were opportunities to meet vendors and two breakout sessions on valuable Technology integration resources.



As educators, we need to create self-directed learners that are prepared for the global environment of their future. Alan November stated that "we need to rewrite the job description of student, teacher and family." Our students are asking for a different role in the classroom. Are we under-using technology? How can we provide the mentoring teachers need to create authentic learning where students connect globally to classrooms world wide? Who should own the learning?

2 comments:

Kathie Maier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathie Maier said...

I was at this conference as well. Alan November was very inspiring and motivational. I picked up a few tricks from his presentation that I added to my own bag of tricks. It was a very good conference (my second time attending this conference).

I just finished my Library 2.0 - I am Library Evolution.